The C18 tower of this church is unusually narrow with re-used medieval gargoyles.
The church was restored by James Fowler in 1877-78.
Inside is part of a Saxon funerary slab.
The church was restored in 1877-78 by James Fowler of Louth, using a mixture of window styles.
The chancel has lancet windows in the Early English style; the north chapel, showing to the right, suggests a later period.
The oldest part of St Alkmundís church dates from the thirteenth century.
The Georgian tower has a circular and round-arched windows typical of the period.
One of the medieval gargoyles on the eighteenth-century tower, crusted with lichen but still remarkably expressive.
The unusually slender tower seems out of proportion to the sizeable nave. It was rebuilt in the eighteenth century re-using medieval gargoyles.
The war memorial in St Alkmund's churchyard was promoted by John Luard of Blyborough Hall and paid for by public subscription.
It was unveiled and dedicated on 21 August 1920.