This date stone above the south doorway is inscribed
H(?) - D1764C - W
It is not clear what this refers to. The church was remodelled on a number of occasions, including the rendering of the south wall of the nave.
St Peterís consists of nave, western bell-cote (in red brick) and chancel, and was much restored in the 18th and 19th centuries.
To the right of the doorway can be seen the remains of the scalloped arch of a Norman doorway.
The larger church of the medieval period also had a west tower.
The bellcote of 1860 viewed from the north-east.
The peculiar brick bell cote of 1860 replaced a medieval tower, presumably constructed of stone.
There are traces of 13th century arcades in the north walls of both nave and chancel, suggesting that this was once a much larger building.
The font is 12th century.
The robust and much repaired roof timbers of the roof with king posts.