Dogdyke Pumping Station is located on the bank of the River Witham at Tattershall.
A wind-powered drainage pump was built here in 1796 to drain an area of land in Tattershall and Tattershall Thorpe parishes.
Then, in 1856, a steam engine manufactured by Bradley and Craven of Wakefield was erected to drive a traditional wooden scoop wheel and it survives today in full working order, albeit with a new boiler.
It is believed to be the only steam-driven scoop wheel in Europe which is regularly operated.
The site is run by the Dogdyke Pumping Station Preservation Trust (DPSPT). This photograph was taken in 1932.
NB Although known as "Dogdyke" the site is actually in the parish of Tattershall.