Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Frithville
 
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)

Listed in Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1885

"Medforth John, Malcolm Arms P.H"

and in 1919 

"Reeson Frank, Malcolm Arms P.H"

DB 1 May 2019

Frithville, Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms, Public House
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)
Frith Bank, Malcolm Arms (Next to Anton's Gowt)

Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1885 mentions that John Malcolm esq. of Pollalloch, Lochgilphead, was owner of the Frith bank estate.

"During the 18th & 19th century the Malcolm family greatly increased their wealth due to their activities in slave trading and their ownership of plantations in Jamaica redeploying their slave-derived wealth in agrarian improvement and infrastructure in Britain"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Malcolm 

DB 1 May 2019

Frithville, Frithbank, Malcolm Arms, Anton's Gowt, public house
Frith Bank, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Frith Bank, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Frith Bank, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

This chapel was built in 1822 at the north end of Tattershall Road.

It closed in c.1924, was sold the following year and was used as a store shed.

It is located at NGR TF 312 469 in Frithville parish.

Barry Barton, 1978
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Frithville, Robert H Crawford & Son, Agricultural Engineers
Frithville, Robert H Crawford & Son, Agricultural Engineers
Frithville, Robert H Crawford & Son, Agricultural Engineers

Company originated 1921 and became first Field Marshall Agents 1931.

https://www.rhcrawford.com/node/154 

Listed in Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1937 :-

"Crawford Robert Henry, agricultural implement mfr. Sibsey 220" 

DB 1 May 2019

Frithville, Robert H Crawford & Son, Agricultural Engineers
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter

St Peterís is a small brick building with a pedimented west front and an overhanging roof.

The hexagonal cupola over the west end, such an important feature of the church, has been removed.

March 2013

Frithville, Jeptha Pacey, hexagonal cupola
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter

St Peterís is a small brick building with a pedimented west front and an overhanging roof with an hexagonal cupola.

It was built in 1821, probably by Jeptha Pacey, who was responsible for a number of churches in this part of the county.

Barry Barton, 1980


Frithville, St Peter, Jeptha Pacey
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter
Frithville, St Peter

Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-

"In 1821, parts of Frithville and Sibsey and Westville, civil parishes, were formed into an ecclesiastical parish.

The church of St. Peter, pleasantly standing in the centre of a small plantation, was erected in 1821, and is a square edifice of brick, with a turret of circular form containing one bell :

the church is consecrated and has 200 sittings.

The register dates from the year 1821.

The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Carrington, joint net annual value £294, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Lincoln, and held since 1904 by the Rev, Walter Thomas Fielding, University of London, who resides at Carrington:

the Rev. Arthur Herbert Douglas-Naylor has been resident curate here since 1916"

DB 1 May 2019

Frithville, Saint Peter, Church
Frithville, War Memorial
Frithville, War Memorial
Frithville, War Memorial

Unveiled 5th April 1920.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/20508 

Opposite St Peter's Church and next to the village hall. 

DB 1 May 2019

Frithville, War Memorial
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (first)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (first)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (first)

This early chapel, known as ĎMount Pleasantí, was built in 1838.

Despite the nearby replacement chapel in the village, it was not sold until 1939, being then converted into a bungalow.

It is located at NGR TF 317 507

Barry Barton, 1979

Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)

The former Wesleyan chapel in Frithville, opened in 1899, is now disused and marooned in the huge yard of the local agricultural engineer (R H Crawford).

August 2017

Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)
Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (second)

Frithville's second Wesleyan Methodist Chapel opened in Februray 1900.

The last service was held on Boxing Day 1993 and the chapel was sold three years later.

It is located at NGR TF 319 506

Barry Barton, 1977

Frithville, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel