Grimsthorpe Castle, west front
Grimsthorpe has been the seat of the Willoughby de Eresby family since Tudor times.
Much of the house, on the site of an earlier castle, was built by Charles Brandon prior to a visit by Henry VIII in 1541.
The photo shows the view across the park to the west front.
Frank Robinson, September 2014
Grimsthorpe, Castle, Vanbrugh, Willoughby de Eresby, Charles Brandon