Heckington, Parish Council Chambers, Saint Andrew’s Street
"Church House was actually built in 1835 as a Methodist Chapel, the second in the village.
During WWII it was commandeered as the NAAFI for the visiting military.
It then became the Reading Room, later a Sunday School then a nursery school and now has been purchased by the parish council to be used as offices and community information centre.
Until 1905 this street was called Chapel Street"
The sign reads "Heckington Parish Council Chambers and Community Centre"
DB 28 July 2018
Heckington, Methodist Chapel, NAAFI, Reading Room, Sunday School, parish council