Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Langrick
 
Langrick, Bridge
Langrick, Bridge
Langrick, Bridge

The steel bow girder bridge over the Witham at Langrick was built in 1908 at the joint expense of the Great Northern Railway (which controlled the Witham navigation) and the two county councils - Holland and Lindsey - linked by the bridge.

It replaced a long established ferry between Brothertoft and Langrick.

Ken Redmore, 2003

Langrick, bridge, river Witham, steel bow girder, GNR,
Langrick, Bridge
Langrick, Bridge
Langrick, Bridge

The steel road bridge, which cost £8490 to construct, carries some attractive wrought iron decoration, incorporating the shields of the two county councils either side of the River Witham (Lindsey and Holland).

The total length of the bridge is 174ft (53.4m) with a centre span of 120ft (36.6m).

Ken Redmore, 2003

Langrick, bridge, steel bow girder, Holland County Council, Lindsey,
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret

St Margaret's church was built in 1818 to the design of Jeptha Pacey.

It is built of red brick laid in English bond.

July 2017 

Langrick, St Margaret church, Jeptha Pacey
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret

The entrance to the church is through a porch at the west end of the nave.

The west end of the church is dominated by the large belfry topped by a stepped gable.

July 2017

Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret
Langrick, St Margaret

Pevsner states that 'the windows are pointed in the late Georgian way but with wooden Perpendicular tracery'.

The simple dentilated frieze is carried along north and south faces of nave, chancel and porch.

July 2017

Langrick, St Margaret