Built as a War memorial to those who lost their lives in the First World War.
Following a meeting on 5th July 1919 a committee was formed to raise £500.
Peace celebrations took place in the village on 26th July 1919 and a photograph shows that the hall had been built by this time.
The original hall was a military building made from timber and corrugated iron.
In the 1970s the outer steel had begun to corrode and plastic covered steel was used for the cladding.
Building for sale when this image was taken with all activities transferred to the new Community Centre.
Building viewed across the Memorial Lawn.
DB 16 February 2019