Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states
"The church of St Michael is an ancient edifice of green sandstone, in the Gothic style, with some traces of Norman work, and consists of chancel, nave, south aisle, south porch and a western tower containing a clock and 3 bells:
there is an oak screen and rood-loft with the rood and attendant figures on each side, a stained window in the chancel and three others, and in the porch a defaced stoup:
there are two inscribed stones of the 15th century to former rectors:
the upper part of the tower was taken down and rebuilt in 1684 and in 1894 was restored to its original form:
the chancel was rebuilt in 1870 and the nave and aisles restored in 1875 at a cost of £1,230:
there are 120 sittings.
DB 9 November 2018