View west over the nave and south aisle roofs.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Edmund, rebuilt of stone (with the exception of the Perpendicular tower) in 1868, retains portions of the Norman and Decorated styles, and consists of chancel, nave, transepts, aisles, and a central embattled tower with four pinnacles, containing a clock and three bells:
the church retains a fine example of a Norman doorway:
the roof of the chancel and lantern is of grained stone, and the open benches are of oak : the fine stained west window was erected by the late John Torr esq. M.P. in memory of his brother :
the church was restored under the direction of Mr. Benjamin Ferrey, architect, of London, at a cost of £6,000, defrayed by the late Col. G. Tomline, as a memorial to his grandfather, Dr. George (Pretyman) Tomline, Bishop of Lincoln, 1787-1820:
the church plate, which originally belonged to the parish church of Little Waldingfield, Suffolk, was bought by Col. Tomline in 1869 and given to the church:
there are 160 sittings"
DB 19 May 2019