St Helenís is a small brick built Georgian church of 1775, with a grand portico and bell-cote, and an eastern apse.
The church was built as a mortuary chapel for the Earls of Scarbrough, and their monuments and hatchments can be seen within.
This view of St Helenís gives a clear view of the red brick and limestone in its construction.
View from the south-east shows the Classical elements of design and the circular apse.
Classical details, including this round window overlooking the portico at the south-west corner of the building.
St Helen's bell turret with ogee cap.
Hatchment for Richard, 6th Earl of Scarbrough, who married 1787 Henrietta (died March 1846) daughter of Henry, 5th Baron Middleton, and d.s.p. 17 June 1832.
The hatchment on the left is probably for John, 8th Earl of Scarbrough, who died unmarried, 29 October 1856.
The interior of St Helen's retains its 18th century furnishings, including Ionic pilasters.