White's Directory 1872 states :-
"The Church (St. Andrew), having been for many years in a dilapidated condition, was renovated and repewed in 1826; and a new and enlarged chancel was erected in 1863, at the expense of the late Hon. and Rev. Richard Cust. It is a very small edifice, with only 30 sittings.
The rectory, valued in K.B. at £7. 1s. 3d., and now at £157 per annum, is in the incumbency of the Rev. Octavius Pyke Halsted, B.A. The rectory house was built in 1863, at an outlay of £800, towards which the sum of £300 was contributed by the patron, and the remainder, except £100, the proceeds of the sale of the old rectory house, was borrowed from the Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty. The glebe is seven acres, four of which are in Newton parish"
DB 30 January 2022