Sign on the wall of the Community Centre.
"The first station to serve the village was opened by the Great Northern Railway on the line between Lincoln and Gainsborough which closed in 1868 although the line is still operational today.
The second station was opened in March 1897 by the Lancashire, Derbyshire and East Coast Railway on its main line from Chesterfield to Lincoln.
It was closed by British Railways in 1955, though freight and passenger trains continued to pass for some years after that.
It was the only LD&ECR station in Lincolnshire, since to the east it crossed the GN&GE Joint line at Pyewipe Junction onto GNR metals into Lincoln.
Only two LD&ECR stations had a level crossing, Skellingthorpe and Bolsover South.
The station building stood to the north of the tracks. It was built in the LD&ECR's standard modular style"