Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire states :-
"On Temple Bruer farm are the remains of an extensive establishment, formerly a preceptory belonging to the Knights Ternplars, founded by Lady de Caux before 1174; a massive square tower and a few vaults still remain:
the tower is Early English, and was erected probably about the middle of the 13th century; it is of three storeys and 51 feet in height, with a newel staircase at the north-west angle leading to the upper chambers and the roof; the basement, used as a chapel, is vaulted and groined and surrounded by an arcading, with a piscina on the south side:
the bases of the eight pillars of the circular church still exist at some depth below the soil, a little to the west of the tower, and were laid bare in 1833. by Dr. Oliver:
the diameter of the church was 52 feet, and it was united by some other structure to the remaining tower; the whole ground in the vicinity abounds with evidences of the extent of the original buildings, and there is also a remarkably fine well, 9 feet in diameter, and never known to be dry:
stone coffins and other remains have at various times been exhumed"
DB 1 July 2019