"The present church of St Michael-on-the-Mount was built in 1855-6 to a design by S S Teulon in the Geometrical style and replaced an earlier church that was too small for the population of the parish"
"There has been a church on this site since at least the early medieval period"
"The church survived the Reformation but was reduced to ruins in 1644 during the Civil War"
"It was not repaired but instead was replaced by a new church, built to the north of the original (and the current building), in 1739-40, partly due to the efforts of the antiquary Thomas Sympson.
This building, which was very small, was itself replaced by the current church in the 19th century"
Declared redundant in 1998 and is now a private house.
Peter Kirk Collection, 25 November 1989
See other images of this church