A notice displayed on the chapel noticeboard in part reads :-
"It is known that at the beginning of the eighteenth century the Services were once a Sunday at Somerby Church, and once at Humby Chapel, and this arrangement continued down to a time within the memory of persons still living.
In 1876 the Chapel was re-roofed and the Interior renovated, the whitewash was cleaned off the walls, open seats were substituted for square pews, and a new font provided. Parts at least of the old pulpit and reading desk were preserved in their modern successors.
After this restoration, services continued until 1961, when the Chapel was closed. Shortly afterwards, all the contents were removed and the building abandoned until 1979, when the Lincolnshire Old Churches Trust was granted a lease of it. After repairs to the roof, bellcote and floor the Chapel was reopened on 20 July 1980"
DB 22 March 2019