"The ruined Hussey Tower is all that remains of a medieval brick fortified house, built in 1450, and occupied by John Hussey, 1st Baron Hussey of Sleaford until he was executed in the wake of the Lincolnshire Rising"
"The house is believed to have been built in the mid- to late 15th century for Richard Bennington; `Richard Benyngton Toure' being mentioned in a rental of 1489.
The tower, a Listed Building Grade II, was later owned by Lord Hussey, and following his death, in 1537, the estate was granted to the Corporation of Boston.
A gatehouse was demolished in 1565, and repairs were made to the remainder of the buildings, which were then rented by Joseph Whiting.
In the early 18th century further buildings were dismantled including the domestic range adjoining the tower, and in 1728 the lead and timber were removed from the tower"
DB 5 June 2019