Listed in Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1913
4th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment (G Co. ), Drill hall, Boston road; Capt. Herbert Arthur Howes; William Harrick, color-sergeant-instructor"
The Hall's Facebook Page states that :-
"Built in 1901 to replace an earlier Drill Hall with money raised from public donations.
It was used for army training and also as a venue for entertainments for the town.
During WW1 and WW2 it was used as a hospital and treatment centre.
In 1967 it was renamed at The Town Hall.
In 1974 East Liindsey District Council created their local office there along with the Town Council Offices.
In 2009 the hall was boarded up ready for demolition as ELDC decided it was surplus to requirements.
The town's people rallied round and the lease was finally signed on July 30th 2010 and the utilities and services were re-commissioned along with the removal of the boards.
It was re-named The Stanhope Hall after Edward Stanhope who was MP in 1901.
A team of volunteers cleaned all the building and bookings began rolling in"
DB 18 July 2019