War memorial from the former United Methodist Chapel, Silver Street, Lincoln.
The chapel closed after a final service on 29 September 1940 and the building was demolished in the 1970's.
The memorial was found buried in a garden in Cherry Willingham! Subsequently moved to All Saints Church, Monks Road, Lincoln and re-dedicated Sunday 25th November 2007.
One of the names is that of Leonard James Keyworth VC :-
"For most conspicuous bravery at Givenchy on the night of 25-26th May, 1915.
After the assault on the German position by the 24th Battalion, London Regt, efforts were made by that Unit to follow up their success by a bomb attack, during the progress of which 58 men out of a total 75 became casualties.
During this very fierce encounter Lance-Cpl Keyworth stood fully exposed for 2 hours on the top of the enemy's parapet, and threw about 150 bombs amongst the Germans, who were only a few yards away.
— London Gazette, 2 July 1915
He later achieved the rank of Corporal, but was killed in action at Abbeville, France, on 19 October 1915"
DB 1 August 2019