Standing above the village street, St Andrew’s in Beelsby was built by Reggie Hodgson Fowler in 1889-90.
The former tower arch can still be seen as can the blocked thirteenth-century north and south arcades.
Mark Acton, August 2014
The tiny spirelet on the bellcote is Hodgson Fowler's "bit of fun", in Pevsner's view.
This was part of the extensive work done by Fowler in 1889-90.
The lower courses of the nave walls of St Andrew’s are medieval and there are other small areas of Decorated tracery.
The churchyard has been cleared of its gravestones.
Locked with no obvious means of entry, there is an air of redundancy about the place.
View of the church from the south-east.
Peter Kirk Collection, 1997
This date stone - 1890 - related to the restoration of R H Fowler.
This label stop in at the doorway into the south porch at St Andrew's. It dates from the restoration of R H Fowler in 1889-1990.