East Ville station, between Firsby and Boston, opened in 1848.
Originally named East Ville & New Leake, it changed its name to East Ville in 1952. This is one of those occasional stations that the railway companies insisted on a slightly different name from that of the village it served. The two words can be seen on the signal box in this 1971 view. The village was always Eastville locally.
On 11 September 1961 it was one of 25 rural stations in the County that lost its passenger trains, but goods trains continued to call until 1964.
Trains between Boston and Skegness still pass the site but the signal box and traditional crossing gates have gone.
Peter Grey Archive, 1971