Looking east towards the chancel.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Andrew, situated on an eminence, is a building of stone, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, aisles, north and south porches, and a fine embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing a clock and 6 bells:
the entrance to the rood loft remains and portions of the screen may be seen in the reading-desk ; some ancient stones in the north porch display the badge of Richard II. and the arms of Mowbray. Dukes of Norfolk, "Gules, a lion rampant, arg.":
the approach to the church is by a broad flagged causeway, flanked on each side by a row of trees:
the stained east window was inserted in 1878 as a memorial of the 35th year of the incumbency of the Hon. and Rev. Charles Dundas M.A. rector 1843-83; other windows in the chancel, aisles and the west end are also stained, including a window to the late Arthur Maw esq. and one to the late William Laughton and family:
in 1863 the aisles were new-roofed, the fittings renewed and the interior reseated, and the west gallery removed:
a new organ and choir stalls were placed in the chancel in 1890:
the church plate includes a mazer bowl of late 15th century work:
there are 353 sittings"
DB 9 August 2019