St Michaelís, Newton-by-Toft, is a church ideally sized for its community.
Though mostly the work of Fowler of Louth in 1860 it retains a Norman chancel arch.
The remains of the lost Early English north arcade can be seen.
There are two late C13 stone effigies: the man, William, is 29 inches long, the lady, Helaine, measures 24 inches.
Mark Acton, 2014