The Lincoln to Boston line was opened in 1848 as part of the Great Northern Railway’s Lincolnshire Loop Line.
It lost its goods yard in 1963 and closed for passengers in 1970. However, goods trains to and from Horncastle passed through for another six months until April 1971.
The railway here is now part of the long distance cycle and footpath, the Water Rail Way.
The stationmaster’s house, in the background, has since been imaginatively extended and the former signal box is now linked to and part of the house.
Peter Grey Archive, 1970