This is Heighington's Chapel of Ease before 1863 when it still served as the Boys’ School for local villages.
The Rector feared that it might be mistaken for a Methodist Chapel, at a time when these brick chapels were appearing widely in Lincolnshire, so he had it faced in stone.
He also fitted the building with pews and enhanced it with an east window of stained glass.
Two school rooms for the boys were built on the north side with a connecting door into the Chapel so that the right to the Charity Fund for the boys to be taught in the Chapel of Ease was retained.
The building existed in 1500 and probably long before and was originally thatched. It is still used as Heighington’s Church.