Kelly's Directory 1930 states :-
"The church of St. Andrew went to decay many years ago, but the churchyard is still used as a burial place for this and the adjoining parish of Stainfield:
it was enlarged in 1871 and a mortuary chapel built, in which Sunday services are now held by special licence from the Bishop.
The register dates from the year 1561.
The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Stainfield, joint net yearly value £300, including 22 acres of glebe, in the gift of E. T. Tyrwhitt-Drake esq. and held since 1926 by the Rev. Horace Bertram Cartman, of University College, Durham, who resides at Stainfield".
DB 30 March 2021