Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1930 states :-
"The church of St. James is a building of stone, in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower with four pinnacles containing a clock and 3 bells ; the clock is a memorial to parishioners who fell in the Great War :
the nave has a bell-cote at its eastern end and there are piscinae and lockers in each aisle:
there are 100 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1558.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £320, with, residence, in the gift of the Rev. J. S. Barstow B.D. rector of Somerby, and held since 1906 by the Rev. Robert Stanley Coupland"
DB 20 August 2020