Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Stephen is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave and south aisle, south porch and a western Norman tower, having a staircase built in the thickness of the walls, and containing 2 bells:
in the chancel are two very ancient monuments and stone effigies of a knight and a knight and a lady; the latter is in flowing drapery, and the knights in chain armour:
the church was reseated and restored in 1855-6:
there are 150 sittings"
DB 27 April 2019