This view from the south-west looks along the principal approach road to the station.
This large country station had an all-over roof covering the platforms, and a cast iron footbridge.
In the background to the right is the chimney of the pumping station situated a short distance to the east.
Nearest the camera is the stationmaster’s house with a large Venetian window on the west elevation.
Photograph c.1900, courtesy Stewart Squires