White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"The parish school was rebuilt in 1842, and has room for 150 children. The master has a yearly rent-charge of £5, left by Joseph Noddel, but the school is supported chiefly by subscription and partly by the children's pence"
In 1919 Kelly's Directory states :
"Owston (mixed), for 230 children; L. W. Newby Stubbs, master; Miss Roberts, infants' mistress"
Now a private house - a new primary school was built in 1966.
DB 21 August 2018