"In August 1917 the Panton estate, including Panton Hall, was offered for sale at auction"
Kelly's Directory 1905 states "Panton Hall, the seat of Christopher Turnor esq. lord of the manor and principal landowner is a handsome mansion of white brick, situated on finely wooded eminence, and surrounded by a beautiful undulating and park-like country"
In 1930 the entry reads "Panton Hall, a college and friary of the Franciscan order, and a preparatory school, is a handsome building of brick, situated on a finely-wooded eminence, and surrounded by beautiful undulating country. The teaching staff consists of friars of the order"