Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"At the time of the Domesday survey there were two churches here.
The church of St. Botolph is a building of Ancaster stone in the Decorated style, consisting of pentagonal apsidal chancel, nave of three bays, aisles, north and south porches and a western tower with plain parapet and octagonal spire, and containing two bells:
the chancel was rebuilt in 1862, in place of one erected by the Rt. Rev. C. J. Blomfield D.D. Bishop of Chester, 1824, and of London, 1828-56, and rector here 1810-20, and the north aisle some years previously:
the tower was restored in 1887 at a cost of £200, and the nave has also been restored:
the chancel windows are all stained, one being a memorial to the late Mrs. Newbatt, of Sleaford:
a low screen of carved oak, with a pulpit of the same material abutting on it on the south side, separates the nave from the choir:
at the east end of the north aisle there remain a bracket and a very small piscina:
some of the Perpendicular bench ends still remain:
in the chancel is a low tomb and there were formerly memorials to the Appleby, Bonchier and Chester families:
carved oak belfry gates were presented anonymously in 1888 and iron gates dividing the north aisle from the organ chamber were erected in 1889:
the flagon and paten were given by Sir Robeert Carre bart. of Sleaford, and bear his arms, impaling those of Bouchier:
the church affords 220 sittings:
land for the enlargement of the churchyard was given in 1879 by the Marquess of Bristol; and within it stands a beautiful monumental cross.
In 1895 a lych gate was erected, and a considerable portion of the south wall of the churchyard restored, at a total cost of about £140"
DB 18 November 2019