Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"Alvey's Endowed & National, Eastgate (boys, girls & infants), was founded under the will of William Alvey esq. dated 26th August, 1726, who bequeathed a freehold estate of 53 acres, at Fishtoft, to the vicar of Sleaford for the time being & six other trustees, upon trust to apply £20 yearly "in teaching the poor children of Sleaford to read, write, sew & knit":
& £8 yearly to the vicar & churchwardens of Balderton upon a like trust for the poor children of Balderton :
the remainder to be divided in the proportion of two-thirds to Sleaford & one third to Balderton:
the income of the charity is now (1918) about £90 yearly; new schools, together with a master's house, were erected in 1851, at a cost of £800, on ground given by the Marquess of Bristol & the present infants' school was built in 1888; the united schools will hold 400 children ; average attendance, 160 boys, 140 girls & 50 infants ; George Colborn Bartlett, master; Miss Mary W. Beavis, mistress; Miss Margaret Waters, infants' mistress"
DB 23 February 2019