Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Luke is a building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of four bays, aisles, south porch and a massive tower containing 5 bells:
in 1853 a new chancel was erected from designs by the late Mr. W. Butterfield, architect, and in 1855 the rest of the church was restored under his direction:
the church was lighted in 1884 by the members of the Mayday club, in memory of the Rev. Canon George Coltman M.A. rector 1835-83:
the porch was rebuilt in 1887, almost on the old plan, from designs by W. and C. A. Bassett-Smith, architects, of London, when the tower was also partly pulled down and temporarily roofed over, but in 1900 this was rebuilt and the lower part restored; the south aisle has also been restored, at a total cost of £3,100:
there is a stained window in memory of John Kirkham esq. :
the church will seat 436 persons.
About one rood of land was purchased by the parish in 1900 and added to the churchyard"
DB 1 September 2019