St Mary's church at Tothill was built in 1778 in red brick over a medieval stone base.
The bellcote over the west door was added in the Victorian period.
Undated photograph, courtesy Chris Hewis
Tothill is a tiny hamlet and not surprisingly the church became redundant in the 1970s. It was demolished in 1980 shortly after this photograph was taken.
Naomi Field, 1978
A sketch of St Mary's by N Desforges in 1900.
One of the early rectors was his antecedent Peter Desforges, a Huguenot refugee from France in the 1680s.
Drawing courtesy Chris Hewis