Postcard published by the Photochrom Co., Ltd., London and Detroit, U.S.A.. Has "Aug 1909" written on the back.
Kelly's Directory 1930 states "The church of St. Peter, originally founded in 1231, and rebuilt in 1842, at a cost of £800, is a structure of brick, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel and nave, west porch and an embattled western tower of red brick, with four pinnacles and containing 3 bells :
in 1904 a memorial window was placed in the south aisle to the Rev. Henry Owen B.A. rector of this parish 1859-87 :
there is also a window inserted in 1911 by the present rector to his wife and another one inserted in 1916:
in the porch is a stone with an inscription asking the prayers of the faithful on behalf of Richard Wright, who built the porch in 1522, his wife and family :
the tower bears the date 1606"