Pill Box located on Ermine Street (High Dike) at National Grid Reference SK 99323 54085 in the parish of Welbourn.
Associated with former RAF Wellingore which extended into the neighbouring parishes of Welbourn and Temple Bruer.
"The airfield was originally opened in 1917 as a Royal Naval Air Service station called Wellingore Heath.
The airfield reopened in 1935. By the winter of 1939/40, the airfield was fully operational and consisted of two grass runways, a concrete perimeter track and several hangars.
It initially operated as a Relief Landing Ground (RLG) for RAF Cranwell before later operating as a satellite station for RAF Digby.
Various squadrons equipped with Spitfires, Hurricanes, Blenheims and Beaufighters flew from the station.
The airfield was closed in 1947"