A brass plaque from Wispington now displayed in St Helen's Church, Edlington.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Margaret, originally a work of the Norman period, and entirely rebuilt in 1863, is an edifice in the Early English style, from designs of Mr. G. B. Atkinson, of York, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and a western tower with spire containing 3 bells, two being of medieval date:
the pulpit and font are of white stone and the carving on them was chiefly executed by the late Rev. Charles Pratt Terrot B..A. vicar here I838-86:
the east and west windows are stained and there is a memorial window in the nave to the Rev. C. P. Terrot:
the eagle lectern, and a figure of St. Margaret, placed above a dedication stone in the west wall of the nave, were also carved by Mr. Terrot:
there is an incised slab in the vestry, with the effigy of a priest, a former rector, 1394, and an Early Perpendicular oak chest:
there are 120 sittings"
DB 6 February 2020