"Possibly former rectory, now farm house; c.1700 with major alterations and addition in c.1800"
"Above door a blocked window forming a niche in which there stands a C14 carved figure of a musician"
DB 6 August 2018
This mill was built in 1810 and continued in use into the 1920s.
Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph
Oasby Mill is listed Grade II.
Location of mill: SK 995 388
St Michael's church in Heydour has a Decorated tower and nave with an Early English chancel. The clerestory is Perpendicular.
There are fragments of fourteenth-century stained glass.
Notable monuments to the extinct Newton family of Culverthorpe Hall are largely hidden behind the organ.
Mark Acton, 2016
St Michael's tower has a well-proportioned design of the Decorated period, with just two pairs of lucarnes on the recessed spire.
The view of St Micael's fron the south-east shows the Early English chancel, possibly rebuilt in the 1860s.
There are simple lancet windows, typical of the period, in east, north and south walls,
The proud record of a bellringing achievement in the church.
A quatrefouil pier with polygonal projection in the south arcade.
The arches are double chamfered.
Chest dating from 1530-50, with heads in profile set in roundels.
The priest's doorway in the south wall of the chancel has a cinque-cusped head.
Octagonal font with patterns of Decorated tracery.
North and south arcades are each of four bays of the Decorated period. Arches are double-chamfered, supported on quatrefoil piers.
Monument by Scheemakers to Sir Michael Newton (died 1746).
Further detail of the Newton monument by Scheemakers.
One of the life-size female figures flanking the monument to Sir Michael Newton by Scheemakers.
She is holding an extinguished torch and a ring with a snake curling round it.
The set of plain sedilia with cinquecusped arches on the south side of the chancel.
Window in the south aisle with reticulated tracery of the Decorated period.