Billinghay is a large village in the Witham fen between Lincoln, Horncastle, Sleaford and Boston. The Roman Car Dyke passes through the parish.
The major land drain in the area, the Billinghay Skirth, runs to the east of the village and up to the Witham near Tattershall Bridge.
The New Bridge crosses this drain to give access from the village to the A153, the former Horncastle to Sleaford turnpike road.
The tall chimney in the centre background is thought to be at the Billinghay North and Walcot Dales Pumping Station (TF 177559). The pump was operated by steam engine from 1864 to 1940.
undated postcard (by B. Smith of Heckington)
Billinghay, Billinghay Skirth, New Bridge, Car Dyke, B Smith of Heckington, Walcot Dales pumping sta