White's Directory 1856 states "The Church (St. Andrew) is a handsome cruciform structure, with a tower, rising from the centre, and containing five bells.
The north aisle and north transept are good specimens of the architecture of the reign of Edward III.
The western front exhibits some remains of Anglo-Norman architecture, and a fine window of the period of Henry VI.
Some parts of the chancel are Anglo-Norman, and the font is decorated with shields, charged with emblems, of the crucifixion.
The west window was enriched with stained glass, in 1854, as a testimonial to Benj. Smith, Esq., who at the same time expended about £2000 in reseating the Church with open benches, in building a new south porch, and in other renovations"
DB 7 November 2020